Date PostedDecember 20, 2021
QualificationM. Sc., Dr.
Jump start your career! A first-of-its-kind for the healthcare industry, this 12-month program provides an unprecedented opportunity to apply cutting-edge data science and AI expertise to real-world healthcare challenges.
Through the program, participants work alongside leading scientists and business teams to gain a broad understanding of Novartis and the industry while getting hands on with some of our most innovative projects across the entire value chain, from research through commercialization, accelerating discoveries and the development of transformative medicines for patients worldwide.
Why considering Novartis?
- Around 2 million patient-years of data in our system, 20 petabytes of data, across 30 data domains, and the whole bio-pharma value chain waiting for you to unlock the next breakthrough in medicine.
- Access to breakthrough technologies, therapies and big datasets whilst learning from some of the finest and most innovative minds in their fields – a unique opportunity to build your skills and get hands-on experience working on Data & AI solutions to ultimately discover, develop and expand patients’ access to our treatments.
- The opportunity to put your skills to the test and contribute to Novartis purpose to reimagine medicine to improve and extend people’s lives.Program highlights:
You will join a one-year program, starting in May 2022 (some flexibility with starting date) where you
- Work hand-in-hand with one of our most innovative machine learners as your personal mentor.
- Learn to apply your expertise (education/training) in a real world setting to problems that matter.
- Gain big picture understanding of pharma and Novartis through rich onboarding programs and your network of other program participants.
- Grow your professional network – receive personal guidance on planning your next career steps and support identifying opportunities.
- Be part and potentially help build a diverse team around your project including technical experts, scientists and product teams – and learn how to lead your project forward!
- Have access to the state-of-the-art technology platforms Novartis is heavily investing in.
- Join the Novartis data science community and publish/present your research at a variety of internal or external conferences and venues!
Are you passionate about data science & AI and motivated to operate in an ‘unbossed’ culture? Are you inspired about discovering breakthrough life-changing medicine and having a positive impact on the lives of everyday people?
Join our teams and work closely with our most talented experts in Drug Discovery and AI.
Help us in our journey to develop innovative new medicines: leverage cutting-edge data driven approaches to make our therapies safer, more effective, and reduce the cycle-time needed for them to reach real world patients!
From identifying new targets from molecular data, optimizing new therapies from our chemical knowledge, to translating to the clinic with novel digital endpoints.
Apply to this position and you will be considered for applied research projects in areas such as
- de novo chemical recommendations for scientists
- bridging the chemical universe with domains such as proteomics or biological signatures
- multi-modal approaches for insight into compound MoA or new targets,
- redefining translational modeling from preclinic to the clinic using high dimensional molecular data
- and more !
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
- Candidates may have already completed a MSc or a PhD (you graduated no more than 12 months ago),
- Graduate of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields, such as computational biology, bioinformatics, computer sciences, biomedical engineering, Artificial Intelligence, data science, data management, physics
- Expertise in basic and advanced statistical machine learning and deep learning methodologies
- High-learning capacity and curiosity
- Solution-based approach to problem-solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills recognized as team player and ready to take the initiative
- Hands-on experience with different data modalities used in healthcare and life-sciences, is a great asset
- Fluency in Python, R, and/or Matlab and scripting in a Unix/Linux environment
- Strong publication track record or other scientific achievements
- English Language skills essential and other languages highly desirable
- Mobility across Europe
Additional requirements across AI and Drug Discovery methodologies projects (candidate should meet at least one):
- Expertise in basic and advanced statistical machine learning and deep learning (GAN, VAE) methodologies
- Analytical skills to identify promising ML/DL approaches
- Demonstrated ability to both apply existing work flows and develop novel ML/AI-based work flows
- Experience in some of the following:
- cheminformatics / bioinformatics
- high dimensional data such as proteogenomic data is a plus
- generative processes is a plus
- OMICs/expression data
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV and cover letter
Novartis International AG
Interns/Students on Novartis Payroll