Date PostedDecember 14, 2021
PrimeNano Inc. Santa Clara County, CA
Applications Development Scientist (AFM expert)
PrimeNano is an early stage, privately held analytical instrument company, based in the center of Silicon Valley.
We have commercialized a patented microwave impedance imaging technology, developed at Stanford University. PrimeNano’s ScanWave™ product, introduced in 2014, enables imaging of electrical properties of materials (conductivity and permittivity) at sub-micron dimensions, using atomic force microscopes (AFMs).
As one of the fastest growing instruments companies we have released five new products in 2020/2021.
To support and expand our sales activities, we are looking for an Applications Scientist who will demonstrate and install our products.
- Collecting data on customer samples and writing demo reports.
- Live demos for potential customers.
- Assisting in advanced applications development.
- R&D projects supporting product development.
- Travel to conferences and technical presentations and/or seminars internationally.
Required Skills and Attributes – You should meet all of these criteria:
- Be skilled at atomic force microscopy, including selection of imaging modes and cantilevers/probes. Experience with one or more electrical measurement modes for AFM, such as SCM, cAFM, ORCA, SSRM, is essential.
- Have research experience in a materials related field, e.g.: physics, materials science, physical chemistry, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Have experience supporting or maintaining customer relationships.
- Be a strong, hands-on experimentalist with good technical skills.
- Well organized, self-starting and comfortable working in a small organization.
- Ability to handle multiple projects / meet deadlines.
- Have excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Have and maintain travel documentation for international travel.
Desired Skills – You should meet a significant number of these criteria:
- Basic understanding of semiconductor materials and semiconductor industry Failure Analysis.
- Experience with microwave frequency instrumentation and measurement.
- Experience with the operation of low temperature (liquid He) or UHV apparatus is a plus.
- Advance degree: a PhD is desired, a masters with appropriate experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following applications/languages (or similar): imageJ, Matlab, C, igor, LabView, etc.
- Proficiency with advanced test equipment and instrumentation (e.g. network analyzer, digital oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, lock-in amplifiers, etc.)