Date PostedDecember 13, 2021
Chemix, Inc. Mountain View, CA
Chemix is seeking a highly motivated battery engineer to grow and manage our AI-driven battery R&D and testing operations. The battery engineer is a critically important role at the core of Chemix’s operations. You will be the direct link between the materials discovered by our autonomous AI-driven R&D process and our next-generation EV battery products. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup, we expect you to quickly and creatively solve all kinds of technical problems, including those beyond your core expertise. An ideal candidate is able to learn quickly, is eager to stretch their battery knowledge, takes pride in the quality of their work, and wants to make a real impact in energy storage technologies for electric transportation.
- Battery cell design: design of electrodes and cells of different chemistries and form-factors to meet performance specifications. Use simulation to augment cell design as appropriate.
- Cell testing: design cycling test conditions, protocols and conduct battery safety tests to meet requirements for specific applications
- R&D process optimization: holistic analysis of R&D workflow, identification of efficiency and quality bottlenecks, and implementation of solutions
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics, Chemistry, or similar fields.
- Intuition for the basics of electronics and mechanical engineering
- Good hands-on skills
- Clear communication and good people skills
- Strong organization and ability to manage parallel projects
- Previous battery R&D or battery testing experience
- Process optimization experience
- Previous management experience
- Experience with Python or other programming language
- Experience with battery simulations. e.g. COMSOL or PyBaMM
- Stock Option Plan
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)