Date PostedDecember 6, 2021
A brand new Materials Scientist vacancy has arisen in our fast growing company. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Product Development team.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm (with half an hour unpaid lunch break)
SALARY RANGE: £25,000 – £30,000pa (dependent on skills and experience)
The Materials Scientist will plan and carry out investigations into new products, new technologies, services and disruptive new solutions to serve Micronclean customers. The successful applicant will work closely with the Associate Innovation Director to conduct scoping and viability studies on new innovations and technologies, and will be responsible for researching and developing new disruptive products, which may require a new technology.
Job Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Provide specific materials expertise on a range of opportunities, including plastic reduction, irradiation compatibility, recyclability and new textile/plastics technology
- Plan and conduct experiments based around innovative solutions
- Carry out initial phase research in support of key Stakeholders and Customer requirements
- Provide cost, technical and feasibility analysis data in support of commercial business cases
- Record and analyse data
- Work with the Group Product Managers to facilitate the initial phase research of a new product or service
- Write research papers, reports, reviews and summaries
- Develop ways to enhance existing products
- Undertake testing associated with research and development activities
- Work with external parties, such as technology providers, universities
- Maintain full, accurate and retrievable records of research
- Lead investigative research of new products and services
Knowledge and Skills:
- Materials Science degree or PhD (or closely related discipline) is desirable
- Must have experience in the field of Materials Science (would suit a new graduate with strong degree or professional with relevant experience in Materials Science research)
- Good IT skills in the use of Microsoft office products
- Full UK/EU Driving Licence
- Personal drive and self-motivation
- Good time management skills
- Good system management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good planning and recording skills
- Fluent spoken and written English
Materials Scientist role – Employment Details
- £25,000 – £30,000pa (dependent on skills and experience)
- Possibility to work from home for up to 3 days a week
- Full-time, permanent employment, working Monday to Friday
- Part of our Product Development team
- 30 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing to 33 days for loyalty service
- Company Sick Pay scheme
- Based at our Head Office in Skegness – Holly Road, Skegness, Lincs, PE25 3AX
- A generous yearly bonus paid every January, to all staff
Why Work for Micronclean as a Materials Scientist
There are many reasons to join the Micronclean family, but here are just a few more:
- Competitive rates of pay, and voluntary overtime frequently available.
- Company pension contributions of 5% of salary.
- Various schemes to support employees with their mental health and wellbeing.
- Annual Family Fun Days, fully paid for by the business.
- A growing, family owned, highly successful business, with a history spanning back to the 1920s.
- Highly committed to investing in people and training, with a proven history of opportunities and promotions from within for employees who wish to progress.
- A great culture, represented in our company values known as the SKIEs.
- The knowledge that you are making a difference, playing a role in key supply chains such as the Covid-19 vaccine.
Micronclean is a family-owned business based in Lincolnshire employing over 400 people. The company provides products and services to various industries.
Our current focus areas include rental of specialist work wear to cleanroom industries (pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace), and of protective workwear to manufacturing industries (engineering, automotive). The company also manufactures and distributes a range of cleanroom products, which it sells in the UK and exports throughout Europe and further afield, including India, Australia, and Canada.
The company has an ambitious vision for growth both in the UK where we are investing in all our plants and abroad. where our plant in Bangalore, India has recently been commissioned and is supporting the production of Covid-19 vaccines in India.
More information about Micronclean can be found on our website.
IF YOU WISH TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THE ROLE OF MATERIALS SCIENTIST IN MORE DETAIL, PLEASE EMAIL HR@MICRONCLEAN.CO.UK WITH YOUR NAME AND TELEPHONE NUMBER, OR APPLY HERE.