Date PostedDecember 20, 2021
QualificationB. Sc., M. Sc., Dr.
WorldQuant develops and deploys systematic financial strategies across a variety of asset classes and global markets. We seek to produce high-quality predictive signals (Alphas) through our proprietary research platform to employ financial strategies focused on exploiting market inefficiencies. Our teams work collaboratively to drive the production of Alphas and financial strategies – the foundation of a sustainable, global investment platform.
WorldQuant’s success is built on a culture that pairs academic sensibility with accountability for results. Employees are encouraged to think openly about problems, balancing intellectualism and practicality. Great ideas come from anyone, anywhere. Employees are encouraged to challenge conventional thinking and possess a mindset of continuous improvement. That’s a key ingredient in remaining a leader in any industry.
Our goal is to hire the best and the brightest. We value intellectual horsepower first and foremost, and people who demonstrate an exceptional talent. There is no roadmap to future success, so we need people who can help us create it. Our collective intelligence will drive us there.
The Role: Research is at the core of WorldQuant. Through rigorous exploration and unconstrained thinking about how to apply data to the financial markets, our researchers are in constant search of new Alphas. We strive to understand data in ways our competitors don’t believe is possible. Researchers at WorldQuant employ tested processes seeking to identify high-quality predictive signals that we believe are undiscovered by the wider market. These signals are mathematical expressions of data that are used as inputs in our quantitative models.
WorldQuant is seeking an exceptional individual to join the firm as a Quantitative Researcher. The person must have a strong understanding of the investment research process to create computer-based models that seek to predict movements of global financial markets. While prior finance experience is not required, a successful candidate must possess a strong interest in learning about finance and global markets. Candidates will have a research scientist mind-set; be a self-starter, a creative and persevering deep thinker who is motivated by unsolved challenges.
Its Impact: As we pursue our goal of creating new Alphas, we need researchers who will lead us there. WorldQuant’s unique investment platform is a leader amongst its peers and the methodology we employ is cutting edge. We desire people who will help us in our relentless pursuit to succeed.
What You’ll Bring
- Degree from a leading university (Ph.D. or M.Sc. preferred, but B.Sc. graduates with honors acceptable) in a highly analytical quantitative field such as Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering or related
- Ranked as top 10% in class for bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience as a quant in a research focused capacity is a plus
- Be competent in a programming language (Python, C++ or similar)
- Have a strong interest in learning about worldwide financial markets
- Possess good English language skills, ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms
- Mature, thoughtful, with the ability to operate in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Exhibit a strong work ethic
What We Offer
- Competitive financial compensation, based on performance and position
- Friendly and collegial working environment
- Opportunity for promotion to Vice President in 2 to 4 years
- Opportunity to learn from investment experts
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive employee benefits
- A culture of continuous learning
Copyright © 2021 WorldQuant, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
WorldQuant is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, national origin, disability, military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other protected characteristic as established by applicable law.