Date PostedDecember 7, 2021
At Sight Diagnostics, we aim to improve health through fast and accurate diagnostic testing. We have successfully built our Sight OLO device which performs complete blood count (CBC) based on our own scanning hardware, computer vision and machine learning algorithms. We are now building on our vast experience to extend our capabilities to new and exciting sample types and clinical conditions.
We invite you to submit your application to come and work with us on this exciting opportunity and improve health care world wide.
In your role as R&D Scientist, you will:
- Design and improve proprietary blood analysis systems and associated algorithms.
- Lead research activities as part of development projects and failure root-cause investigations of new and existing systems
- Design protocols, direct experiments as needed for research, development and validation and writing reports
- Provide hands-on assistance during integration stages of newly developed systems and production methods
- Implement algorithms in production-level computer code
- Responsible to perform Tier 3 support, based on discipline and technical specialty when designated
- The job may involve occasional lab work
About You (skills, experience, potential:
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
- MSc in Physics or Chemistry (or equivalent) is typically required. PhD – an advantage.
- 3+ years experience (industry or PhD) in independent research involving intensive data analysis and experimental or HW aspects – A MUST!
- Experience in medical or other interdisciplinary systems – an advantage.
- Coding capabilities (e.g. Python, MATLAB or C)
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Modeling capabilities
- Basic technical skills
- Hands-on problem-solving capabilities
- Fluent English (both written and oral)
- Clearly and concisely communicating research results (orally and in writing)
- Team player, self-learner and independent
Our Work : Founded in 2011, Sight DiagnosticsⓇ aims to transform health systems and patient outcomes through accurate and convenient blood diagnostic testing. Sight’s technology, developed over almost a decade of research, represents breakthrough innovations in diagnostic methodology. Sight’s latest blood analyzer, Sight OLOⓇ, performs a Complete Blood Count, the most commonly ordered blood test, with only 2 drops of blood from a fingerprick or venous sample in minutes.
Our Culture: We are a team of passionate problem solvers who are committed to the social impact our technology represents. We enjoy tackling big, complicated and important technological, clinical and behavioral-change challenges as a team, and we succeed through cross-disciplinary collaboration across a non-hierarchical structure. Sight is where everyone’s ideas are valued, considered and debated. We insist on a healthy work-life balance and support working parents with flexible working hours.
Our People: Sight is a rapidly growing team of over 180 individuals, working together on a common mission. We value diversity and are proud of the different professions, backgrounds, expertise and beliefs that make up Sight’s unique ways of thinking. Our people are united by two shared qualities: being exceptional at what they do and caring deeply about making positive changes in the world.