Date PostedDecember 20, 2021
Senior in Strategy and Transactions
Nicosia, EY Cyprus
The Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team of EY Cyprus is looking to recruit Senior consultants to work with a high-performing, integrated team which focuses on transactions, providing advice in challenging and interesting projects. We are offering the opportunity to gain a diverse range of experiences and develop a great sense of achievement.
About Strategy And Transactions
The Strategy and Transactions team guides clients to make better, more informed decisions as they buy, sell, separate, integrate, reshape, restructure or rethink their business strategy. We help our clients by providing advice on all aspects of transactions, from inception to execution and completion.
Being one of the fastest growing and reputable teams in Cyprus, we remain at the forefront of all major transactions in the island, covering numerous market sectors.
Strategy and Transactions offers a wide-variety of services. The key competencies include, among others, the below:
- Lead advisory (M&A)
- Transaction Diligence
- Valuations, Modelling & Economics
- Banking transaction advisory services
- Real Estate transaction advisory services
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Understand, analyse and present a client’s existing/proposed business, identify key strengths and weaknesses and document key findings;
- Understand key business drivers in a transaction and provide value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice;
- Document main findings that underpin the advice that we provide our clients with;
- Gather, verify and assess information and formulate views;
- Plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including written reports, presentations and discussions with the client;
- Assist with proposal preparations for prospective clients;
- Build on and develop internal and external networks through personal contacts;
- Build strong internal relationships with members of the SaT team and other EY services;
- Take responsibility for your own learning and development;
- Provide coaching / support to other team members.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Qualified or in an advanced process of becoming qualified ACA, ACCA, CFA or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong academic record, preferably relating to Accounting, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Advanced business writing and verbal communication skills both in Greek and English
- Sound financial modeling skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience in a similar transaction advisory environment / team
- Data analytics skills (through use of analytics tools and/or a programming language)
- Skills and attributes for success:
- Energetic, positive and team player;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Flexible with a can-do attitude and a strong eye for detail;
- Thirsty for learning and development.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The Exceptional EY Experience. It’s Yours To Build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.