Date PostedDecember 6, 2021
DASCBD & Inner Suburbs
Digital Agriculture Services (DAS) is a young business working in partnership with leading scientific organisations to deliver insights into agriculture. We are used by traders, valuers, lenders and insurers from major banks and insurance companies.
We are looking for a passionate data scientist to join our expanding team using satellite data for predictive analytics in agribusiness. You will be joining an innovative and supportive data science team developing products that feed into a world class SaaS platform providing agricultural intelligence to some of the largest companies in agribusiness. These include products related to crop classification and production estimates, productivity benchmarking and climate impacts.
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in Mathematics, Data Science or Geospatial Science
- Python programming
- Spatial science
- Strong mathematical and statistical faculty
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Cloud Computing
- Machine learning
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated early career scientist to develop a wide range of industry focused skills, in a supportive team and business, and working with some of the biggest companies in agribusiness. We offer you:
- A supportive team environment and competitive salary
- Mentoring and time to learn new skills
- Opportunities to innovate and use your skills creatively to solve real world problems for industry
We expect from you:
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity!
- Commitment to our supportive and diverse culture
- Strong technical skills and a willingness to continuously improve
Note that this is an early career (0-5 years experience) position and a competitive salary will be offered commensurate with experience, demonstrated capabilities and qualifications. If you are a recent graduate with limited experience we suggest that you include information that helps you stand out from the crowd.
Our office is in Docklands, Melbourne but many of our staff work remotely from other locations in Australia. This position is available as work from home, office based or hybrid.
We are looking to hire now, but will consider candidates wishing to start in the new year. Candidates must hold Australian work rights.
The company has a great team spirit, we are motivated to succeed and you will have lots of opportunities to be involved in the business.
If you’re looking for an exciting role, with lots of opportunities to expand your skill set, then please apply through Seek.
We look forward to meeting you!
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?